I'm basically just really mad at myself. I wanted to finally step up and show that I'm a strong player in this game, but this challenge came at another bad time. I feel like it must sound like I'm making excuses, but I promise, I'm doing the best I can. Even worse, if I am sitting in that final 2, it'll be tough to convince anyone that I deserve to win when it's obvious my challenge performance has been way below average this entire game. I know I need to step up, and I want to, but the timing isn't working in my favor right now. Unlucky 13 FTL.
I do have some thoughts about Jessica leaving. First, I am so so bummed she's out because she was probably the person I trusted most next to Erin. Now, we lost our "third wheel" who said flat out she wanted to be the final 3 with us. It really shakes the game up a lot. Luckily, with that message in the bottle, Jessica got to break up the tribes into 2 teams of 4, and since Erin and myself were tight with her, she had our backs. Jessica split up Megan and Taylot, hoping both tribes will want to vote them out next. This actually couldn't have worked out any better for me!
Basically, here's my plan. If we lose this challenge (which I think we may since I know I won't be able to get tons and tons of these pictures done. He claims to not have a camera. Hmmm maybe it's because he can't show his face since his real face is definitely not Taylor! What a coincidence! Playing with an alias makes me feel so awkward and I'm ready to just cut him loose now. It's not worth risking getting majorly fucked over later. Plus, according to Erin, he doesn't have a printer to get the logo. Riiiiiight... So, worst case scenario is we lose and vote Taylor off. One thing is we need to make sure Taylor is planning on voting Sandy if we lose, and vice versa. That way, Erin and I have all the power, and we won't risk the chance of those 2 forcing a tie against us.
The best possible situation would be for our tribe to win immunity, because supposedly, the other tribe is supposed to be voting Megan off if they lose. If Megan goes, it will knock out the Taylor/Megan team, and Taylor won't even know that Erin/me were against him. We could either still blindside him later, or actually use him since he won't have many other options. It sounds like Erin trusts Zander more than Taylor (and those 2 don't like each other...) but I'm not sure how I feel about Zander still... It's a lot to think about. If Megan is booted next, Erin and me will both find ourselves in the Final 7. If we just convince the entire group to vote Taylor off after Megan (or if we're still in our tribes, vote him off ourselves), we'll be down to the Final 6, and if we pull Zander in, we can at least force a 3-3 tie no matter what.
Things are looking very very up for us right now. Hopefully we can pull together and kick butt at this challenge by the time tomorrow night comes, but if it doesn't work out, I do feel fairly safe. =)
I plan on answering the episode questions later after work.
I posted around the same amount of pictures that Sandy and Erin took, so at least I contributed. Of course, losing this challenge won't be the end of the world at all, so I'm okay with how many we have done, even though it's not near the effort we probably are capable of. =\
1. It's been a few days since Jessica's departure from the game. How has her exit impacted the game? Has her curse helped or hurt you this round? How are you going to make it to the final 7? - Jessica's exit from the game has made things more quiet and boring. She always could provide you with a fun conversation because she naturally has such a lively personality. Plus, I trusted Jessica very much and she was one of my top allies, so seeing her go has put a damper on things for sure this round. But, the game must go on. Her selection of the new tribes really helped me because she kept Erin and myself together, and luckily, we are with 2 other people who I can't see trying to stick together to force a tie, or anything crazy like that. I think I will be in the Final 7 next episode because I know Erin won't vote against me no matter what, so even if somehow it reached a tie-breaker, I feel confident I could beat Sandy or Taylor in a deadlock challenge, or whatever the tie-breaker may be. I have been extremely fortunate with the way the tribes have worked out these last couple rounds, but I'm ready to go back to one merged group for good.
2. Now that the game is down to only 8 people, are you starting to look toward end game? How are you planning to get there? Whose assistance do you need to get to the end, who do you need to get rid of, and how are you planning on making it all happen? Explain. - My end of the game plan is still to be sitting next to Erin. I am 100,000% confident that she will not betray me, and at this point, she is totally the only person I trust to have my back. I wouldn't put it past Taylor and Megan to make a move later against us, so I want to take them out next. I may not be here if it weren't for thier help so far, but that's how Survivor works. You have to strike first if you want to make it to the end, and my gut tells me this is the time to cut them out. I am slightly concerned with Erin/myself sitting in the Final 6 with a random group of 4 others, but I don't expect any of those 4 to step up and lead the charge to take us out. I think socially, Erin and me have the advantage over these people left, and we should be able to control what happens from here on out. I don't want to sound overconfident because of course, anything can happen. However, I do feel like this game is ours to lose with how well everything has been going to this point.
3. Please list the remaining players in the game from who you trust the most and why, to who you trust the least and why? - Erin: We obviously go way back and nothing can seperate us. - Kevin - Mike - Zander - Sandy - Megan - Taylor: This same reason applies to Megan. Seeing that those 2 are a pair and Erin/me are a pair... even though we've been working together for quite some time, if we're feeling the need to take control of the game, I'm sure they are too. Hopefully they don't suspect that we don't trust them so we can continue to gather information.
4. At this point in the game, what do you expect to happen next? Also, do you think if you make it to the final 2 you have a chance at the title? Who would you have the best chance against? - I think Taylor or Megan will be voted out depending on which of the tribes loses immunity. I am hoping that there isn't another bottle, because that may be the only thing to screw me over. It is another reason Megan leaving would be better because she'd have no clue Erin and myself wanted her out in the first place. But, I just really feel like getting Taylor out because of the whole alias thing and all that. It would just finally feel like a big move. If I am sitting in the final 2, I think Erin and myself would see equal chances of winning, but at that point, winning wouldn't even be as important to me as just sitting in that position next to her. I'd probably have a better chance against Sandy or Kevin or anyone who hasn't even talked to everyone in the game yet, but oh well.
5. Any other thoughts, questions, or concerns? - Not now.